Stair Lift - Stair Lifts
If you are a disabled person and you are currently using the wheelchair then you would also need a stair lift. Stair lifts are specialized mechanical devices that are used to lift the person and their wheelchair up and down the stairs around their homes. Another name for a stair lift that is commonly used is a stair quite and it's a completely different mechanical device in the chair lift. In order for stair lifts to work efficiently you would need to attach a new rail to the innermost treads of the stairs. Believe it or not stair lifts have been in America since the early 1940s but the technology and sophistication has grown immensely in staff time to give much more freedom of movement up and down stairs for wheelchair-bound people.
If you are going to purchase a stair lift, make sure that it comes with all the modern features available in some of these are:
1.seat heights that can be manually or electronically adjusted, a speed regulator which will help you either speed up or slow down the lift of your device.
2. A stair lift call station which is a unit that enables stair lifts to bring the stair that up to them or down to them by her mom control and these call stations are usually found at the top and bottom of stair cases. With a dependable call station to wheelchair-bound user will always have access to the lift.
3. An isolation switch for the battery is a switch that allows the chair lift to have its electrical supply separate from the main electrical supply and these battery switches can come in very handy during the holiday season.
4. Stair lifts should always be powered by dependable rechargeable batteries so make sure that these batteries are the top-of-the-line, and this is to ensure that even though the stair lift is always connect it to the main power supply of your home that you're stair live will always have its rechargeable batteries as a backup.
5. Make sure that any stair lift that is purchased as a feature on it that prevents sudden starts or stops that are too violent and allows you to have a smooth ride up or smooth ride down.
6. Your stair lift company should always be able to provide a specialized harness that is tailor made for your specific needs or injury. If they do not provide a specialized harness make sure that they help you in contacting a company that can provide you with one.
There are quite a companies that provide stair lifts . For the USA it seems that Bruno stair lifts have become some of the most popular ones out there. Brunell has been around for almost 26 years and the great part of them is they are family owned and a certified manufacturer. They always pack their stair lifts with the most Advanced Technology currently available on the market.
For the UK the top stair lift company is. Stannah has also been around for a long time and offers many different styles of stair lifts to its customers in the UK .